Google analytics is undoubtedly one of the most important tools for tracking the performance of your website. Do you know when you visit your own website for maintenance or even during a “Live preview” to check how your content is visible to your users, such visits are also tracked by Google analytics. Thus showing you faulty number of visitors as your own visits are also included in the final numbers you get.
Surely, you will not like Google Analytics to track your own visits. Thankfully, there is a very easy way to stop Google Analytics from tracking your own visits. Here you will find a step by step guide to ensure that Google Analytics doesn’t track your own visits.
Steps To Stop Google Analytics From Tracking Own Visits (Static IP address)
- Firstly, you should be aware of your own IP address. It is very easy to find your IP address, simply open Google and search for “my IP address” you will get your IP Address, copy this IP address. An example of IP address is 22.214.171.124 (this is an imaginary IP address).
- Now as you are aware of your IP address, open your Google Analytics Dashboard.
- Click on the Admin button on bottom left corner of the screen (see below image).
- Once the Admin panel opens, click on Filters under View tab (See image below).
- A new screen will open, click on Add Filter button which you will be able to see in red colour (See image below)
- Select Create New Filter, Assign a Filter name, in Filter Type option, select Predefined after that fill in the information as shown in below image.
- Your IP address is now excluded and google analytics will no longer track your own visits to your website. Now you will have more accurate data to work with.
The above method is very easy and successful if you have a static IP address, i.e, your IP address is same every time you come online. But the above method will not be very helpful in case you have a dynamic IP address, i.e, your IP address changes every time you come online.
In case you have a dynamic IP address, follow the steps below to stop Google Analytics from tracking your own visits
- Go to igorware from your web browser.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab and click on Block Yourself from Analytics
- Download the extension as per your web browser, or click on the following links as per your web browser
- Once done, click on “Add to Chrome” or add as per your web browser, then click on Add Extension.
- Once done, you will observe a extension sign mostly on top right corner, click on that sign.
- Click on Options
- A new window will open, Type in the name of your website, click Add and Save (See image below).
- Now your visits will be blocked by analytics even if you have a dynamic IP address.
Remember, if you access your website from different devices, you have to follow all above steps in every device you use to access and edit your website.
As you know that this website is a part of the Amazon affiliate program. To keep this website up and running we need funds which we earn through small commissions that we get from the amazon sales. Please support us. If you need to buy anything from amazon India, please buy from our link by clicking here or on any Amazon advertisement on our website.
Hope this step by step guide will be helpful to you. Do let us know in the comments section if you have any doubts on this topic.