Every cargo ship of 24 metres and above require to carry a stability booklet.
STABILITY BOOKLET CONTENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS
- General description of the ship.
- Instructions to use the booklet.
- General Arrangement Plan showing watertight compartments, vents, allowable deck loading and freeboard diagram.
- Hydrostatic curves or tables, cross curves of stability for ranges of displacement and trim anticipated in normal operations.
- Capacity Plan/table showing capacity and COG of each cargo stowage space.
- Tank sounding tables showing capacities, COG and free surface data for each tank.
- Information on loading restrictions, such as Max KG or Minimum GM Curve that can be used to determine compliance with stability criteria.
- Standard operating condition and examples of other acceptable loading conditions.
- Description of stability calculation done including assumptions.
- General precautions to prevent unintentional flooding.
- Information concerning use of any special cross-flooding fittings with description of damage conditions which may require cross-flooding.
- Any other necessary guidance for the safe operation of ship under normal and emergency condition.
- A table of content and index of booklet.
- Inclining test report of the ship.
- Information about openings (location, tightness, means of closure) pipes or other progressive flooding sources.