I am sure there must be many instances when this thought that “How to earn money online” must have crossed your mind. Even though the idea to earn money online is fascinating, one must understand that it is not a cakewalk. To earn money online, one requires a lot of patience, hard work and a little bit of luck. By saying this, I am not at all trying to be negative, just trying to put up the facts. On the positive side, some people are not only earning money online but are making a fortune out of it.
With the Internet taking over our lives like anything, it also gives us immense opportunities to earn money online. One important thing is to choose the right platform. While some platforms do not require any kind of skills, other platforms require our skills to earn money online. The first thing you need to do is to wisely choose the kind of platform depending upon the skills you possess. While there are many platforms and ways to earn money online, some of them could be scams. So be very careful about them.
Now, let us have a look at few such online websites, platforms, and methods which can help your dream to earn money online come true:
- Make your Own Website/Blog – This is the best method to earn money online. You can use your skills, start a blog or provide services through a website you own. I recommend a self-hosted website. All you need to do is purchase a domain and get a hosting. Bluehost is the best web hosting website from where you can purchase a domain name and a hosting for your website. It also includes some amazing features and offers like free domain name for first year, free ssl certificate, easy wordpress installation and an amazing 24/7 support.
You can check for the availability of the domain name of your choice. If available, go ahead, purchase it, set up a hosting and build your own website.
- Advertisement – Once you purchase a domain name and web hosting and your website is up and running. You can apply for Google Adsense or other such online ad networks. I recommend Google Adsense as it is the best ad network presently and provides quality ads for your website.
- Affiliate Marketing – Again, this method is useful once your website is up and running. Now, you must be wondering what is affiliate marketing. Let us understand its concept with a very simple example. Suppose you open a grocery store in your locality. Now you want people to buy from you instead of your competitors. You spread the word in your locality that you will pay a small commission to the people if someone purchases from their reference. This is the concept of affiliate marketing. Big shots like Amazon use this exact method. If you target your audience well, you can earn a good amount of money by affiliate marketing.
- Freelancing – You need certain skills to be a freelancer. For example, you can be a good content writer, painter, web designer, logo designer, or possess some other skills that you can use to earn money online. There are many websites where you can sign up as a freelancer and start getting projects. You can face difficulty getting the opportunities initially, in such a case, have patience and try to build a good portfolio by providing a few free services to your clients or friends. Once you have experience and a good portfolio on your side, the amount of money you can make from the comfort of your home will amaze you. Some reliable freelancing websites are Fiverr, Freelancer, Upwork, etc.
- Surveys – While you can earn a decent amount of money by taking up the surveys online, you can’t make a fortune out of them. In case you are looking to earn a few bucks to take care of your non-essential expenditures, taking up online surveys is the best option. Some survey sites pay you in the form of shopping gift cards also. Some reliable online survey websites are SurveyJunkie, InboxDollars, SurveyMonkey, Toluna, etc.
- YouTube – I am sure you must be familiar with this one. YouTube is one of the most popular ways to make money online. All you need to do is create engaging and interesting videos and get people to watch them. Easy? Well, not as easy as it sounds. First, you have to decide the topic on which you want to create videos. For this, you need to find out what interests you and how you can make that particular topic interesting and engaging for your audience. Your videos can be about any topic, it can be funny, educational, about research or anything. However, the process of creating a wonderful video is exhausting as you have to put in a lot of hard work and time to create a video of even 5 minutes. On the positive side, if you master this art of creating wonderful and engaging videos, you can earn a handsome amount of money.
- Writing Kindle e-book – If you are a good writer and always dream of writing a book. You can make this dream come true by self-publishing your e-book. In fact, Amazon gives you up to 70% royalty on your e-book. Imagine the size of the audience your book will be exposed to as readers just love Amazon Kindle.
- Create Online Course – If you’re an expert on any subject, you can very well use that knowledge to earn money. Create courses for newbies and upload them on apps and websites like Udemy, Academic Earth, Khan Academy, etc.
- Online Tutoring – Again, if you are an expert on any subject, instead of creating a course you can give few hours of your day and provide online classes through websites and apps like Byjus, UnAcademy, etc.
- Become An Online Seller – To become an online seller, you need to have some products to sell. If you have a small business offline, you can take it online and your exposure to the market will increase exponentially. You can sell on giants like Amazon. Another method is creating a digital store on sites like Shopify, Woocommerce, etc.
Also Read: How To Stop Google Photos Backup
Also Read: Bluehost Review- Is It Really The Best Web Hosting
So, these are some of the legitimate and easy methods by which you can earn money online. We hope you will find this article helpful to start your online money making journey. Are there any other good methods that we have missed? Please let us know your views in the comments section.