You have just created a magnificent website for your business or have finished writing an awesome blog and now you want your customers to give their valuable feedback or provide a platform to drop their queries. Now imagine providing them an email address that looks like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. What an unprofessional way of keeping in touch with your customers, isn’t it? This is why a business/blog needs a business email address that gives your business a genuine stamp. Through this article, I will tell you how to set up a free business email address for your website. This process is simple and hardly takes 10 minutes. Also, if you’re one of those who are already aware of the importance of a business email address and looking for a way to have more than one business email accounts then do follow the article till the end.
What is a business email address?
A business email address is an email account that has your business name attached to it instead of Gmail, yahoo, outlook, etc. A simple format looks like firstname.lastname@example.org. Having a professional business email account proofs your business legitimacy and also builds trust among your customers.
Importance of a free business email address
If you are thinking to launch your business online or creating a blog, then having a professional business email address is one of the most important criteria. Generally, people tend to ignore this and choose to use any generic email account to reach their valuable customers. The problem with this is that it becomes a legitimacy issue for your customers hence it is hard for a genuine customer to trust the business, which will impact your earnings sooner or later. Sometimes even those who are aware of the importance of a business email address also ignore it because of the extra cost involved in the process. Below are the top reasons why having a business email address is important.
- A business email address gives a professional touch to the business.
- Build Brand Awareness
- Easy to remember
- It helps to build customer trust.
Things you need to create a free business email address
- A domain name – A hosted domain name with FTP credentials.
- A mobile number – A working mobile number not registered with Zoho.
- An email id – An working Email-ID for the verification process.
Steps to Get a Free Business Email Address from Zoho
- Go to the link “https://www.zoho.com/mail/
- The above step will take you to the get started page of your free business email address, here select Business Email and then click on Sign Up For Free.
- The next page will take you to the pricing page of Zoho. Scroll down and find the Forever Free Plan and click on SIGN UP NOW.
Zoho provides 3 plans for creating a professional email for your business, the mail lite, the mail premium, and the workplace. The forever free plan in Zoho allows a user to create a total of 5 free business email address for your business.
- You’re one step closer to own your free business email address. On this page, enter your domain name and click on Add.
- Here, enter the required details to create your professional email account.
First, enter any particular name in the Name field
Next, in the Administrator account write any name of your choice. Writing admin is a better option as you won’t be able to edit this address anymore, hence choose wisely.
Now, enter a mobile number you haven’t used before to create any Zoho email account.
Create a password and choose your location.
You also need to enter an email address for the verification process. Here you can enter your email id.
Check on the I agree box and click Proceed.
- Upon entering all the necessary information, it will take you to the summary page, check the information you have provided. If everything looks fine, click on Sign Up.
- Like Gmail or any renowned Email service provider, Zoho also provides 2-factor authentication. On this page, Zoho lets you put an extra layer of security to your account.
- You have entered the Domain Setup page of Zoho Workplace. This page allows you to check your domain name. Once you’re sure everything is okay, select the DNS hosting provider from the drop-down menu. In our case it is GoDaddy.
Upon selecting your DNS Hosting provider from the drop-down menu, Zoho will provide you 3 ways to get your domain verified. TXT Method, CNAME Method, and HTML Method, we will proceed with all the methods as sometime later on missing any record from your DNS can stop your email id from working.
- Click TXT Method and copy the Hostname, then login to your GoDaddy account and choose the Domain name you want to use and click DNS. This will bring you to the DNS Management. Now, click on ADD and select TXT from the drop-down menu and go back to the Zoho dashboard. Copy the host and Value data from it and paste it on the respective field of the TXT record and click on save.
- Similarly, for CNAME Method, copy the Host and Destination value from Zoho Dashboard and paste on the GoDaddy CNAME Type field as shown below.
- For HTML Method you will need the FTP Credentials. First, download the verifyforzoho.html file and then log in to your FTP using the Filezilla or any other file transfer software. Copy the HTML file in the root folder of your server files.
- After the successful completion of the above steps, click on Verify by HTML. If everything works fine, it will take you to the next step. In case the verification fails, Try by CNAME or Try by TXT.
Don’t panic if none of the methods are successful as registering the values in DNS takes some time. Wait for a while and try again.
- In the next step, add users option will be available to you, like if you want to add contact@yourbuisnessname, enquiry@yourbuisnessname or add staff member of your business. We will skip this step as of now as we can do this later on from the control panel section of the Zoho control panel dashboard. Thus, click on skip from here.
- Now you will have the option of creating groups. Here, you can create groups by which you can add similar email accounts. We will use this option later, hence click on Skip.
- The next step is Configuring Email Delivery, this step confirms that the email account has started receiving emails. Simply copy the Address and Priority values one by one.
- Go to GoDaddy DNS Management and click on ADD. Here, paste all the respective values and click on save.
- Now return to the setup page of Zoho Mail and click on MX Lookup. A popup message box will appear which will confirm the status of the MX records of your website. Click OK and move to the next step.
- The next step brings you to the SPF/DKIM section. This step ensures that your mail doesn’t end up in the SPAM folder of the recipient. Copy the Host and TXT Value.
- Login to GoDaddy, go to DNS, in the records click on ADD, here in the drop-down select TXT and paste the corresponding values of SPF/DKIM TXT.
- Now you will be asked if you want to migrate your Email address to Zoho. We will click on skip here as it is not a mandatory step.
- Zoho also gives you the option of Mobile Access where you can install the Zoho mail app on your phone and can easily access your mails. We can do this later hence, click on Next.
- That’s it, your own free business Email Address is ready. Lastly, a message appears that the setup has been complete, here simply click on Proceed to Access To ZohoMail.
We hope this step by step guide to create a free business email will be helpful to you.
As you know that this website is a part of the Amazon affiliate program. To keep this website up and running we need funds which we earn through small commissions that we get from the amazon sales without any additional cost to you. Please support us. If you need to buy anything from amazon India, please buy from our link by clicking here or on any Amazon advertisement on our website.
While a free business email account will help your earnings to grow, a free anti-virus for your computer will not help your business in any ways. We recommend Quick Heal Antivirus to protect your computer from viruses. To purchase directly from Amazon click the link below:
Do let us know your view in the comments section. Also, if you are stranded at any step feel free to ask us, we will be happy to help.