As the world suffers due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, countries around the globe are forced to implement extreme steps like lock-down. The technology is playing a very important role in tackling and containing the effect of this deadly virus. To empower its citizens, the Indian government following the footsteps of countries like South Korea and Singapore came out with a mobile app by the name “Aarogya Setu”. This is a Coronavirus tracker app that also enables people to self-assess the risk of Coronavirus infection. This app is available for both Android as well as iOS users. Let us have a look at how this mobile app works, what it offers, how to use it and why you should definitely install this app on your mobile phones.
How Aarogya Setu App Works?
This app uses your mobile phone’s location, Bluetooth and mobile number to determine if you came in contact with someone who can be a Coronavirus carrier or patient. Now you must be wondering how an app can come to such a conclusion. For this, the app has a self-assessment test, which means it asks you a few questions and based on your responses, the app tells you if you have a low, medium or a high risk of Coronavirus infection.
What Aarogya Setu Has In Store For You?
Let us have a look at the benefits of this mobile app one by one:
- The app will alert you if you come in proximity to an infected person. Now, this is extremely important as it will reduce the response time.
- It informs users about best practices and relevant medical advisories. The app includes pdf files and posters containing various information about the deadly Coronavirus. It also includes various Do’s and Dont’s to keep you safe. You can print these posters and make the kids or your society more aware of the facts.
- The app is available in 11 different languages, thus appealing to a larger number of people.
- The app is privacy-first by design which means your data will not be shared with any third party.
- The Aarogya Setu app contains a list of various COVID-19 help centers with their contact numbers around the country.
- It includes a live feed from India’s Ministry of Health’s twitter handle. Thus keeping you updated about the present COVID-19 situation in the country.
- The user interface of this mobile app is top class and very easy to use.
- The user interface has been changed and improved further.
- Helpline numbers are now removed from the app.
- Twitter feed of India’s Ministry of Health twitter handle is removed.
- Details of PM Cares fund is now displayed.
How To Use Aarogya Setu App
- Search for “Aarogya Setu” and install the app on your mobile phone through Play Store or App Store.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- One important thing to remember is that you should allow the app to access your device’s location all the time. Also, you have to keep your Bluetooth on at all times to ensure the effectiveness of this app.
- Register your mobile number, enter OTP once received.
- Installation and registration are now complete.
- Take the self-assessment test by answering all the questions honestly.
- Once the self-assessment test is complete, the app will tell the level of risk you are exposed to.
Why You Should Definitely Install This Mobile App
Amidst this COVID-19 pandemic, this app can be really useful. Not only for us but also for the government to tackle this pandemic more efficiently. Now you might be wondering how installing an app can enhance the efficiency of our government. Well, as you know by now that this is a Bluetooth based app, hence more the users, more efficient will be this app. As more people install this app, the government will have a broad database. Thus enabling the government to identify more number of suspected cases and hotspot areas in the country. Presently, more than 50 lakh Indians have downloaded this app. So what are you thinking? Go ahead, download the app, be safe and help the Indian government in this fight. Stay home, stay safe!!
Android users– Click here to download the app.
Apple users– Click here to download the app.